dimanche 28 septembre 2014

how much is too much?

Ok so I'm finding out more and more about the sheer amount of training I could do. Worked out in theory I could pay £30 and train 5 days a week in 4 styles (ie: Hung Ga, Capoiera, Bagua and Wing Chun/Shuai Jiao) and that's excluding other things like kickboxing and judo I found out about lately. Since Im in a new city I want to make the most of my training, since weight lifting honestly is actually prooving a bit problematic for me (I'm not recovering very well right now, and it's hampering my form in the dojo)



I'm more interested now in developing my martial skills in broad areas and seeing what I can make the most of. I'm not saying I'd take all those styles but lets be honest, in theory, could I basically get some solid training throughout my week if Im doing JUST martial arts and the other activities instead of lifting?





Also on a related note: There's two hung gar schools I know of, one I went to trains hard, focuses on forms and really drilling body conditioning and tells me they are a traditional school, the other is from the Ang Kee Kong style of it, but as part of my post grad uni status for the gym I'm at, I can train there and only pay £20 for a year. Thing is both train with very different focus, and really Hung Ga is one thing I really want to build as a secondary art on top of my previous bujikan training). If I wanted to take this art strongly, could training in both of them be a good way to get used to the art quickly?



If anyone's curious, the capoiera I more do as a leisure activity, the Hung Gar is something I consider doing as traditional training, and the Bagua is something I'm considering as an internal training (something i haven't done, and may compliment the Hung's external qualities)



Would three arts be pushing it? (Bagua, Hung Ga twice a week and capoiera?)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire