dimanche 28 septembre 2014

recent concerts

For the first time ever I attended concerts on 2 Saturdays in a row. The first one I had planned on for a while, the second one was a last minute invite.

Last Saturday I saw Natalie Cole. I wanted to see her because I know that she is starting to get a little bit older, and I consider her to be one of the great singers of her era. She looked and sounded fantastic, really glad I went. I was a little disappointed that she didn't do more of her hits, but still a great show.

Last night I saw Gregg Rolie. If that name is not familiar let me clue you in to who he is. Gregg was a member of the original Santana line-up, playing keyboards and doing the lead vocals on all the classic songs(Evil ways, Oye Como Va). He then formed a band called Journey, playing keys and singing on 7 Albums before leaving. He is in the R&R Hall of fame as a member of Santana. Great show, he had excellent musicians playing in his band as well. During "Soul Sacrifice" it began to rain. After the song Gregg commented on the fact that playing that song has caused a lot of rain thru the years, a reference to Woodstock. While he may not be considered a legend himself, he sure was a part of many legendary albums and songs.

Definitely a good music week for me.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire