vendredi 26 septembre 2014

New to Adirondacks what hikes should I do??

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have only been to the adirondacks once and did mount jo and ampersand, but am about to go camping for 4 days this coming sunday - wednesday.



I frequent the Catskills and Hudson Highlands so I'm an experienced hiker.



A few things:



-What I'm looking for are some nice hikes up to like maybe 8 miles or so with great views. I was thinking of doing Cascade and Giant, but also Hurricane, Armstrong and Gothics, but the last two had me worried about the length.. I really want two great hikes to do but not sure which one to do...



-Whats the best place to camp, where I can drive in?



-Whats the best website for info? For the catskills I use a site that has a list of all of the mountains based on height, and for each has a rating for views, difficulty, length etc. Is there anything like this for the Adirondacks? Check it out here:

http://ift.tt/1go0zK4



Thanks guys!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire