jeudi 1 janvier 2015

Sparring/competing Vs practice

Hey everyone,



I was just wondering why I have never any 'moves', combinations, joint manipulation throws etc applied in any sparring or competition video i have watched? It is almost always basically kick kick kick trip them up... I don't mean to belittle anything or any art form at all...this is a genuine question. Are all these fancy throws and counters where they catch a kick and wrap legs or catch a punch and perform joint manipulation into a lock just for show, are they against the rules of sparring/competition, are they simply ineffective...or is there another reason?



I've mainly been watching hapkido videos btw but the same applies for KM sparring. Rarely have I ever seen much of the flashy things shown when advertising the arts applied in sparring/competitions.



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire