mercredi 7 janvier 2015

Winter 2 night backpack suggestions?

Hi all! The last couple of years me and some friends have done a winter camping trip in the pharaoh lake area. This year I'd like to change things up and explore somewhere new.



Our ideal trip would be an approx 5 mile hike in, a little longer is ok but i've noticed over the last few years we are definitely not a speedy group.



My friends love a campfire so i'm thinking the EHP are out.

I'd also really love it if we could find a lean to at our location. Ideally I'd like it to be remote enough that we don't have to be overly concerned about the lean to being full (we'll all have tents in case it is of course but that's not ideal).



Something either on a lake/pond or a short couple mile hike away from a beautiful lake/pond would be fantastic.



I enjoy climbing mountains my friends could take it or leave it.



With all that said are there any suggestions?



I guess at the end of the day we're looking for something a lot like pharaoh lake but with new scenery and less crowds.



Doesn't necessarily have to be in the ADK if someone has a great suggestion in VT or the Catskills.



Planning the trip is almost as fun as the trip itself.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire