mercredi 20 juillet 2016

Is WJJF effective as a modern martial art?

Hi i recently had an experience which made me think a lot about whether or not WJJF is effective as a martial art and whether or not I should continue training with them

From when I was a teenager I always loved martial arts and mainly due to the location of were I live i've never been able to fully commit to an established club and over roughly 8 years various clubs have opened up in my town but none of the club's ever lasted longer than a year due to lack of interest. (boxing, mma, taekwondo, judo, bjj and kickboxing) Throughout all these clubs there has been a core group of guys like myself that attended who love martial arts but lacked the means to train full time until the WJJF came to town and opened a club. (been opened just over 3 years now).
We are all now going for our first national grading (blue belt) in November and our sensei said it would be a good idea if we were to attend some of the more larger clubs for a nights training with senior black belts within the federation. (our first time coming into any contact with any1 outside our club).
During the warmup my first impression was that all the guys seemed to be unfit and overweight and then we went on the do some sparing and rolling drills which tbh was that shockingly bad has made me start this forum and ask for advice!!
These guys range from 1st to 3rd dan roughly 11 people in total and with ease 7 green belts comformtly bet them all in terms of both fitness and technique. This definitely would not happen in other martial arts and we felt as a group it was our previous experience's in other martial arts that help rather than what we have learnt in the WJJF. Just to make it clear I fully respect my sensei and the WJJF for everything it stands for and I have learnt a lot of techniques and made friends through it but now at the age of 25 I'm seriously considering quiting and trying something new as the standard at the higher levels didn't appear to be up to the standard that I expected. I'm wondering if there is any1 else out there with similar experience and what they done in this situation really not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire