samedi 8 octobre 2016

Counters/defense to elbow strikes

Hi guys,

So just been studying thai elbow strikes this morning. These are Pretty horrific strikes! I agree with Shane in the video in that elbow and palm strikes are preferable to punches in a street scenario.

The only thing I can't find something decent on is defense against elbow. Stepping back/swaying away are common sense which Shane and every other video I've watched cover BUT, wouldn't a better counter be to uppercut elbow into opponent's elbow which sets them up nicely for a knee?
Also, is slipping/ducking ever a good idea to avoid elbows?
any other good counters? needless to say always have your guard up which boxing teaches pretty well!
ps I only do boxing and have no other experiance but training thai is my ultimate goal :D


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire