dimanche 9 octobre 2016

Defence lab misconceptions

I'm just going to clear up a few things ive seen people saying about defence lab having either "done it once" or "seen some videos".

I've trained it for about a year, feel free to rip me to pieces but it has works on more than one occasion for me.
Now I'm not that good at writing so I will try to explain why things are done in the way they are.


So onto things i've seen;

Relies on that "arm thing head guard too much"
"Nobody punches the body in their world"

It's drilled into us pretty early into the training that you need to keep your head protected.
Watch any street fighting video, I've even seen this when people with martial arts training get in street fights, people head hunt and they do it a lot.
I think it's also the reality of the people that start fights now days if they hit you in the head and you go down odds are they are going to kick you and not stop.

Relies on a lot of "arm hanging" or compliance.

You could say the same of Krav or FMA. I think the trouble is people are confusing some of the videos that are drills with something else.

There seems to be some strange misconception that defence lab students don't spar and I'v no idea where that comes from.


These video's pretty much sums up the mentality of what we train for.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire