mercredi 26 mars 2014

Another Etiquette Question

The previous post got me thinking - what about sharing a spot for lunch / rest stop? Last year I was headed to Long Pond Mountain with my wife and 2 kids. The plan was to stop and have lunch at a former camp site with a great rock, afternoon sun and a nice view. As we were heading to the site 2 kayaks passed us and bee-lined for the site, they got there before us. Would it have been cool to land on the site for lunch even though people were there? We kept going to a less nice site as I did not want to get into a pissing match with the 2 people in front of my daughters. What really got me was the fact that it was a guide with a client doing the same thing - lunch and then the mountain. In this case we should have landed with them there, but what if the spot happened to be occupied by day users? Personally I would not have a problem with sharing a nice spot in a busy area - especially if they kids. Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire