jeudi 27 mars 2014

Is a false sense of security the first mistake people make?

When I was a kid I took TKD for a few months before issues with my parents caused me to have to quit. I remember my instructor and the place like it was yesterday and it's been almost 28 years since then ... weird.



Anyway, I recall, even at that age having that sense of security that of course now I realize was false. Competing and sparring are one thing, but a real fight is quite another as many of us know already. Without the added adrenaline I am one who feels that what you do the most is what will come out when/if a fight ever happens (in an SD situation I mean).



For me I wouldn't say that CHKD gave me a false sense of security since I was old enough to know a little better. I wouldn't down it and say that it was a bad system or that it was useless, but it's not quite the same as a quick 1,2 and pivot to get out of the way. It was more "you get this lock and that's going to be it"... which very well could have been. However, the issue I took with it more than anything when learning to brush and trap punches is that vs. one who knows to bring their punches back fast will hardly EVER be trapped. I just knew that this was not going to work unless you had drilled it thousands of times and against someone who was a real boxer, or at least really knew how to punch properly. I think most systems have some flaw of course, but the question again...



do people gain a false sense of security by not being told the truth about the limitations of an art?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire