vendredi 28 mars 2014

Neck/Spinal Strain

Hopefully anyone reading this is familiar with my current injury history. If not, I received a TBI last year which I'm still recovering from, but I have also developed neck/upper back issues as well. I probably got some whiplash when I got knocked out that didn't become apparent until my head healed enough for me to start moving about.



I've been doing rehabilitative work with a PT on my neck/back and have regained mobility in my neck. A few months ago I couldn't even look over either shoulder. This has cleared up a lot of severe tension headaches I was having too. Unfortunately last week I started trying to do other types of exercises, and I did something pretty significant to my neck/upper back while doing some light deadlifts at home.



I had a lot of disorientation/vertigo the first few months of my injury, but I seem to be developing disorientation/vertigo again ever since I did the deadlifts. I'm having a hard time seeing if this may be a symptom of neck/back/spine issues, or if I am regressing in my condition with my head as I'm getting more migraines lately and a fuzzy feel in a portion of my head. I suspect that I may be getting disorientation/vertigo from my neck/back problems, and that this is causing my head to have a hard time. My neck/back creaks and pops and aches a lot more than usual and I'm slowly working myself back into stretching, working tension points, heating/icing, and eventually I'll move back into the PT exercises.



I have a meeting with a doctor coming Tuesday, but I would like to gather as much information as possible to consider when I discuss things with him. There are a couple of new-ish tension points on my neck that when I put pressure on them run up to a spot that feels like it's in my inner ear, so I really suspect this may be assisting in the disorientation/vertigo. Has anyone ever experienced a neck/spine/back issue that causes disorientation/vertigo at all? Not looking for answers here or anything, but just ideas on where I may be having problems. I didn't start getting the disorientation/vertigo (even with a migraine) until after I did the deadlifts, so I strongly suspect I may have a neck/spine issue that relates to it. Any input is appreciated.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire