dimanche 30 mars 2014

Before I get into this, some thoughts

Hi, Im new to this part of the board so here's a background. Stereotypical TKD as a kid for a little while, did some self defense classes growing up as a teenager, got into the Bujinkan and stayed active in that for about six years, reached second kyu, done some boxing and wing chun as well. My sensei had to close his dojo, now looking to train with another teacher but in my last two months Ive been thinking of crosstraining into other styles, since I found a lot of other places that do martial arts near me.



I found this place is a 10 minute drive from my house:



http://ift.tt/1fDcums



Now I have to be brutally honest about some things. Despite being decent at striking, I own up to not really being a decent grappler. Im out of practice and my locks and throws are probably the weakest part of my martial skill set. I'm considering the BJJ since from my limited knowledge it has a lot of grappling and ground fighting, which I feel could help make me a more rounded fighter. Am I right with this information? It has a competative side as well, which I think could help me mat test what I know (or think I know) better.



Worth a shot? How well would it translate into my previous ninpo taijutsu training (since that's my core style)?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire