vendredi 28 mars 2014

WHY is Brazilian JiuJitsu better than Japanese JuJitsu on the ground?

Brazilian JiuJitsu seems to often be thought of as better on the ground then Japanese JuJitsu. These also correlates to an experience I had when going to a BJJ dojo after getting my blue belt in JJJ. I was on par with the white belt on the ground, but when I faced a blue belt he was getting armbars all day. I couldn't touch the other person who I sparred with who was a higher belt.



I am wondering why BJJ is (at least, it seems, in a lot of cases) better than JJJ at the ground. It is understandable that a part of that has to do with the fact that they spend a LOT of time on the ground (VS working on strikes, locks/yawara... everything else). I doubt this is the only factor though...



The thing I trying to make sense of is why they would be better if JJJ and BJJ has the same moves. Has BJJ refined those moves more? Do they have better strategies and better overall gameplan to help those moves do better? Do they have more moves? (The butterfly guard and S-mount are a couple of exclusive positions, but is there enough new moves to base their victories on this alone? I find it unlikely especially when you see a lot of MMA matches end with a simple triangle-choke, rear naked choke, or armbar).



So, what are your thoughts?



By the way this makes me think of wrestling. Why does one wrestling club do way better then other clubs given the same moves? This can also be said of Judo school vs Judo school matches. It doesn't have to do with the moves. So I guess I am trying to extract the element that makes some better. (This isn't the same thing I am asking above, but I think that finding this answer is a link to the original question)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire