lundi 28 avril 2014

An odd thing at my WTF TKD school. Thoughts?

I am training at a WTF TKD school. However, there seems to be some irregularities in what we are taught, and I am hoping I can dig up some info to make sure that everything is kosher. :)



I am aware that WTF requires use of the Tae Guk forms. However, is there a minimum number of forms that are required? We learn 4 forms before learning Koryo. That is all that appears to be required for the black belt testing (in regards to Poomse, at least).



Kicking appears to be adequate, based on what I have seen online, but the primary focus in class seems to be sparring. Just about every class session ends with 15-20 minutes of sparring, every class session.



There is also no weapons training. Not sure if that is standard or not, and honestly I'm not that concerned about it, but in general it just seems a bit odd.



Any thoughts?



Note: I have seen his certs from the Kukkiwon, they are on the wall, and current.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire