dimanche 27 avril 2014

Knife Confusion

For years I only carried a tiny folding pocket knife with a 1 inch blade. I lost it but at the same time I found in a parking lot a mini multi tool so I bring that now.



But I am going on a 2 week hike with my son and was watching the Hobbit. Man those dwarves carry alot of knives! Surely I could carry a more manly or dwarfly (a word not used much) knife?



Honestly I only open food pouches with my my knife as my son pointed out. He carries a small pocket knife he won at the arcade in Lake George and all he did was wittle sticks with it so he is happy.



With a full backpack I have all I need to survive.



Some people carry razorblades in a duct tape sheath.



We were hiking up skylight last year and were passed by some younger guys carring combat knives and little else. I wondered how that would keep them warm if they had to spend the night out.



I was thinking what do I fear most in the woods. A twisted ankle.



Any points of view would be appreciated. Specific examples of knives would be good too.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire