jeudi 24 avril 2014

Hello everyone. New here. So much to learn.

Hello all. I didn't see an introduction area so here goes. I'm Kevin, 41, from South Jersey shore area. I do hiking and camping. In fact just got back from a little trip to the Delaware Water Gap area where we did a loop on some trails including a few miles on the AT. Been searching high and low for a place to talk to people about the Adirondack area. I'm just itching to get there. I'm certainly interested in the peaks but know basically nothing about them. I want to start out by taking the family (or just me) with the camper for a nice week or so to check the area out. I've been searching for good campgrounds there and so far the one that comes up as the best one is the Lake George rv park. Seems like a resort so the wife and stepson may like it. On the maps I see it seems a bit away from the "meaty" part of the Adirondack area. If anyone has suggestions I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I just don't know where to start. The area seems massive compared to the places I've gone so far. I'd like to go up there and see some breathtaking scenery.

And speaking of maps, can anyone direct me to where I can find a detailed map of the area? I mean it doesn't have to be a US geological survey super detailed map but reasonably so showing the important bits. And I mean an actual map, like the tear and water resistant AT maps I get.



Well I apologize for going a little overboard on my first post. I look forward to being here and learning as much as I can! Thank you.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire