lundi 28 avril 2014

Where to go?

Planning a trip for this weekend, but I've had a small hiccup. One of the guys coming with us messed up his knee, so we're going to be slow moving. The Primary goal for the weekend is trout, and we're limited to a 4-5 mile easy hike due to the knee injury.



I'm entertaining the idea of hiking from the gates into Mooseriver plains wild forest (approx 4 miles into wakley dam) I know there's fish in Cedar river flow and Cedar river.



I've been looking into Cedar Lakes (west canada lakes wilderness) along the NPT, but I have no idea if there's fish in there, or the surrounding ponds, I also have no idea if the gate is open along Jessup River Road, to access the parking area at the Pillsbury mountain trail head. :confused:



I was also looking at the western edge of the Siamese ponds wilderness (Kunjamuk trail/long pond trail area) with the waters there of Long Pond, Rock Pond, and John Mack Pond, also giving us access to the eastern shore of indian lake for the possibility of Nothern Pike :D But again, I have no idea if there's trout in any of those waters.





I'm rarely ever in the Adirondacks outside the high peaks wilderness area, so I could really use some help. Can anyone tell me if there are fish in the areas I listed above (in particular the western side of Siamese ponds) , or point me in the direction of a low mileage, relatively easy hike where we can access some decent trout water, and camp? I'm searching around the Indian lake area only because I have some knowledge of the area, but don't want to head much further west or north because we may have a kid with us, and getting to Indian lake will be a 2 hour drive as it is.



Thank you in advance for any help, and if you care to share some inside knowledge, feel free to drop me a PM.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire