mardi 25 mars 2014

what to do? so many styles, not enough time

Since my previous sensei closed his dojo, I've been training in my bujinkan style on my own whilst looking for another dojo. It's been about six weeks and I recently tried out at Simon Kwok's Wing Chun school in Blackpool. I really enjoyed it, but I have some questions.



Since my previous class, the Bujinkan Mushin Dojo closed, I've been looking at a lot of other styles while I find a Bujinkan place (Im a 2nd kyu, really wanting to go for my dan grade), but lately I've been finding I'm opening up. I did stumble on another bujinkan place I can get to nearby, but now I'm thinking of training another style as well.



My family home is in Blackpool, but I study in Preston at University. I've found theres actually a lot of styles to train in around and I cant work out how I pick between them! I know a few of the instructors by name if that helps, in case anyone has trained with them


  1. preston arts

    Wing Chun

    BJJ

    Mauy Thai

    Silat

    Kali

    Jeet Kune Do

    Boxing and Mauy Thai (Johnny Roye)

    Aikido



  1. Blackpool styles

    Shotokan Karate

    British Taekwondo

    Wing Chun (Simon Kwok)

    Bujinkan (Paul Wild)

    BJJ

    Goju Ry Karate

    BJJ

    Juijitsu

    Kali

    Shaolin Kung Fu, Kickboxing (Patrick Perry)




As an enthusiast, I'm quite overwhelmed with the amount I have to train in, and with summe coming up, I want to dabble and try as many as I can.



I can see Kali having benefits to my weapon knowledge, and Simon Kwok is a really big name in Wing Chun. Paul Wild is meant to be very good (he trained my previous sensei, John Spencer of the Bujinkan Mushin Dojo). Johnny Roye is, from my understanding of his history, a good boxer and a MT champion. I'm fascinated, but I need to work out what is going benefit me most and above all, feel enjoyable to me. Is it worth dabbling in as many as possible?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire