mardi 24 juin 2014

90

Just got my entry form in the mail! This will be my first 90 and I'm getting really excited.



I'm concerned about the class that I'll be joining. I've been reviewing the "Guideboat Class" and my boat is not quite within the required specs. Here are my violations:



Beam = 47" (max allowed is 44")

Bottom Board width = 12.5 (max allowed is 10")

Oars = 8' 2" (max allowed is 8')



Here are the class specs as laid out my MAC's:



http://ift.tt/1rugb5c



The beam and bottom board violations are disadvantages, but the extra 2" in oar length might be seen as an advantage.



Should I be concerned about entering my boat in the Guideboat Class?

If I sign up as a Guideboat and end up getting bumped, can I still row in the Open Touring class?

Are they going to go around with measuring tape at the start line to make sure I'm in spec?



Being my first 90, I'm not expecting to podium but I would still like to compete for it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?



Thanks.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire