lundi 30 juin 2014

Looking for somewhere to camp near Marcy Dam

Hello; first post here!



So here's the deal, my friends and I are going to see Phish in Saratoga on Friday and we want to hike Phelps and Tabletop on Saturday. Currently our plan is to get as close to Marcy Dam as we can on Friday night and find a campground or somewhere to set up a tent and then tackle the two peaks Saturday, spend the night, leave Sunday.



I have a few concerns; I have no idea where to camp Friday night and the closer it gets the more I am considering an air-mattress in the car. I'm also a little worried about getting a lean-to as I have heard it is a very popular area and it will be fourth of July weekend. Will we have a decent chance of snagging one bright and early on Saturday? Can anyone suggest a good place to camp - keeping in mind that we will be driving there late after a concert and will want to do as little work as possible.



Thanks for reading!





EDIT: I just thought of something else - are there firepits near the lean-to(s)? We are planning our meals and it would be nice to know :P




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire