mercredi 25 juin 2014

Violent assaults going on in the Neighborhood that I work in

Yep. Women are being attacked, sometimes by multiple attackers, in the area I work in. All four women were alone in the neighborhood late at night.



It hits home not only because it is where I work, but because I ever so slightly know one of the victims. So, even though I barely know her, it makes it hit home and feel more personal than your average news story.



I find myself wanting to give my female co-workers a crash course in self defense, but I know I really can't. The best I can do is throw in a couple of things I hope stick. Like mentioning how dangerous it is to be texting and walking down the street instead of having an awareness of your surroundings. Or when talking about targets for self defense, suggesting a knee is a better target than an ankle because it is usually going to be easier to hit. (co worker said she would target the ankle.)



No, I am not in any real danger. I am not alone there and not there late at night. So I don't fit the list of victims. I always use positioning/ situational awareness. And I will be extra cautious. But my concern is not for myself.I feel just really helpless that this is going on in an area I have worked 20 years and I can't do anything really. I worry about the patrons who live in the area. I care about this community.



I just needed to vent. Thanks.



http://ift.tt/1qcW1iE



http://ift.tt/1qcW1yY




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire