samedi 28 juin 2014

Weapons defense?

Hey guys. Im new to karate and had a interesting question.



Im really enjoying the hard work and style(matsubayashi shorin ryu).. I never honestly thought id ever enjoy it but here I am.



How does karate(shorin ryu) approach weapons defense/offense? Say a knife attack? I have been watching some karate videos and karate seams to have a start and stop feeling to it, which I don't know If its just my newb level of doing things but isn't that bad for defense against weapons?



So what are some good examples of how karate deals with knife attacks or bludgeoning attacks? Does karate teach how to use the knife? I can see some of the movements also translating to weapons work.



I know there is kobudo, but I didn't know how karate handled such things. Thanks for the information guys!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire