mardi 24 juin 2014

Northville Placid Thru Hike Aug 16th-31st

Hey all,



I'm posting in hopes of finding advice, warnings, tales of joy, or even a hiking buddy to accompany me as I will be hiking the NPT the last two weeks in August.



Last year I hiked the hundred mile wilderness on the AT in Maine, and was looking for a thru-hike experience (one that doesn't take 5 months) for this summer.



I'm all set on gear, as I've been hiking on and off my entire life, but this will be the longest stretch and other than a few companions I may encounter along the way, and my 66-year-old father who will accompany me for a couple days, I'm going solo.



I have the following itinerary, but am looking for advice on adjusting it for re-supplies, as well as advice on the re-route everyone seems to be talking about.



Itinerary:

Day 1: Upper Benson to Silver Lake LT (7.4mi)

Day 2: Silver Lake LT to Hamilton Lake LT (11.3mi)

Day 3: Hamilton Lake LT to Fall Stream Camp Site; re-supply in Piseco at Post Office (11.1mi)

**Anyone camped at Fall Stream Site?** it's tough to find on the map.

Day 4: Fall Stream Camp Site to South Lake or West Lake LT (up to 12mi)

Day 5: South/West Lake LT to Cedar River LT (11.9mi)

Day 6: Cedar River LT to Stephens Pond LT (14.4mi)

Day 7: Stephens Pond LT to Tirrell Pond LT (8.1mi)

Day 8: Tirrell Pont LT, over blue ridge, to Hidden Cove LT (12.6mi)

**This may need to be changed as I think it's gonna kick my butt.**

Day 9: Hidden Cove LT to Seward LT (14mi)

Day 10: Seward LT to Moose Pond LT (12mi)

Day 11: Moose Pond to Lake Placid DEC sign (9.7mi)



I have a total of 16 days off from work and parents who live in Cicero, NY (outside of Syracuse).



Experienced hiker's please take a look as I'm needing AT LEAST one, ideally two re-supply points that can still fit within my 16 day time limit (transportation to and from Syracuse included)



Best,

Geoff




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire